This position requires an individual with a proven track record of negotiating, managing and structuring domestic and global contracts within a shared services model. In addition, you will have experience with Canadian export compliance and the CDN Controlled Goods Program and relevant experience with a military/defence organization
- Negotiate, manage and structure contracts that establish business relationships with customers, and/or partners.
- Establish and manage documents/process for the protection of the company’s contractual posture and adherence to company policy.
- Advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions
- Provide support to Sales/Marketing and Proposal Manager as required
- Regularly interacts and provides business and contractual advice and solutions, with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Participates in identifying, managing and resolving scope change
- Participates in development of business alliances, acquisitions and divestitures, source selection procedures and process, make or buy determinations, and risk management directives
- Ensure accurate and timely export application processing using the Canadian Government’s EXCOL system (completing and submitting export permit applications, management of internal processes required to execute export of goods) for all orders including customer returns.
- Focal point of contact for outside audits of site export control policies and procedures
- Responsible for overseeing the export control classification of all products and technical documentation under Canadian export regulations
- Designated Official per CGD and associated duties
- Coordinate as necessary with Global Trade Compliance organization
- Development/ Maintenance of Security Orders, Technology Control Access Plans in accordance with Government or contract requirements
- Application and maintenance of personal and government facility clearance including renewals
- Maintenance of Company Security Officer designation, including any required training
- Provision of security training to the business unit on a regular basis.
- Submitting and managing Visit requests to domestic or foreign agencies
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Knowledge and practice of Principle based negotiations
- Diversified team player with a strong customer orientation, including a win-win philosophy in dealing with customers.
- Operates with minimal supervision dealing on a day to day basis with the executive, peers, sales force, and customers.
- A Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 8+ years of related work experience, preferably within the Aerospace/Military Environment
- Thorough knowledge of all appropriate ethical standards regarding contracting actions
- Multi-disciplined background or exposure to several operational disciplines, e.g. program management, manufacturing, project engineering, contracts, customer service
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR/SACC provisions an asset
- Knowledge of CGP and CDN export regulations, U.S. knowledge a benefit
- Must be able to obtain a NATO Secret Clearance