Our client is one of North America’s leading Integrated Oil Companies. They have an immediate need for a Corrosion Engineer/Technologist to join their team for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity. This role will be located at their offices in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan.
You must be willing to relocate to Lloydminster for this role.
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
To back-fill a recently vacated role, where contractor was seconded to another project
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The main function of the Corrosion Engineer is to provide technical support to the Heavy Oil and Gas business unit in corrosion monitoring and mitigation programs, with specific reference to internal corrosion for upstream pipeline systems. This individual will be reporting to Manager, Corrosion Services and will provide technical and functional expertise onsite. This role will require you to interact with a broad range of employees and contractors both at a worker level as well as at the supervisory and management levels.
- Cathodic Protection
- Review cathodic protection surveys and deficiencies and make recommendations for remedial actions.
- Chemical Treatment Programs
- Attend regular chemical treatment review meetings with chemical vendors and operations
- Identify opportunities for optimization or improvement to chemical treatment programs
- Provide technical support to the district for selection, implementation and monitoring of new treatment program
- Corrosion Evaluations
- Conduct corrosion evaluations on failed or damaged equipment
- Support of failure analyses of failed pipelines and other equipment and write reports
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary degree in engineering or technical diploma related to corrosion or materials sciences
- 2 to 5 years of experience managing corrosion monitoring and mitigation programs for upstream pipeline systems and/or heavy oil treatment facilities
- 2 to 5 years of experience conducting corrosion evaluations and failure analyses of pipelines, piping and other equipment
- Working knowledge of internal & external corrosion mechanisms common to upstream oil & gas industry and corresponding corrosion management strategies
- Thorough understanding of corrosion basics including cathodic protection system
- Experience Identifying pipeline integrity threats and mitigate risks by completing corrosion evaluations
- Experience implementing and/or managing chemical treatment for water
- Working knowledge of international codes and standards
- Familiarity with government regulations and industry standards, specifically around pipeline and equipment integrity
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed professional engineer in Alberta or Saskatchewan
- Relevant NACE certifications (i.e. Corrosion Technologist, Internal Corrosion Technologist, Cathodic Protection Technologist)
- 2 to 5 years of experience of working in the oil and gas or chemical process industries.
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Effective in team interactions & relationships
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.