Our Oil and Gas client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Cost Control Specialist for a 9 months of contract role.
As a Cost Control Specialist,
- Utilize familiarity with best management practices for project control, forecasting and reporting
- Use SAP Ability to understand and implement processes for project cost control
- Daily and weekly tracking and reconciliation of Alliance Partner (AP) contractor costs based on source documents (i.e. timesheets) in accordance with Engineering Construction processes and procedures.
- Review AP invoices and Tracking/Forecasting reports for proper collection of incurred costs and accruals.
- Review all 3rd party invoices (accruals) incurred by APs and ensure they are up to date. Cross reference for duplication.
- Run CARS reports to verify all approved invoicing has been properly billed by APs.
Interfacing with project managers and contractors to promptly resolve AP invoicing discrepancies.
- Arrange weekly Project Controls meeting with AP and Project Managers and take meeting minutes.
- Prepare AP project Close-out forms and AP Change Orders for Project Managers.
Weekly tracking and on-going reconciliation of NDE costs (i.e. Acuren). Track costs against P.O. limits
- Weekly tracking and on-going reconciliation of geotechnical, electrical, third party engineering studies, as required. Track costs against P.O. limits
- Weekly tracking and on-going reconciliation of internal costs through SAP (i.e. SMC, lands, first nations)
- Weekly tracking and on-going reconciliation of Inspection costs (i.e. TES)
As required, run by-weekly BPC report to update project actual costs for O&M and Integrity Capital accounts
- As required, run BPC report to update project actual costs for turnkey projects
- Preparation of weekly and up-to-date budget and variance reports, as requested by Project Manager
MUST HAVES :
- Post secondary education with a Bachelor’s degree in financial discipline, engineering, or technical field and 0-3 years of practical experience.
- Working towards a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE's CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred.
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present data and analysis.
- Maintain positive working relationship with project managers and APs (Aecon Utilities and NPL Canada).
- Capability to handle multiple projects in established deadlines while managing priorities and stakeholder expectations.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience working on construction projects in the utilities or oil & gas sectors
- Working knowledge of cost controls tools
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”