Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Cost Control Specialist with strong project management experience based out of Calgary Alberta. Could this be you?
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assignment to projects of more than $50M/year with multiyear duration, with an extreme level of complexity.
- Expert understanding of best management practices for project control, forecasting and reporting.
- Proficient in the use of SAP Ability to design and implement processes for project cost control, identify gaps and correct where necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with minimal level of supervision.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices.
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- May lead functional teams or projects.
- Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization.
- Teaches project controls theory across functional areas in Major Projects.
- Ability to give clear direction and support to Project Execution personnel.
- Leads project teams.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills/facilitation.
- Seen as a Project Controls expert across Major Project’s department.
- Can troubleshoot specific controls issues and make applicable changes.
- Capable of making sound judgments, which are reviewed, but which are usually acceptable as accurate and feasible.
- Considers project impact and effects of decision/solutions.
- Work is assigned in terms of objectives, relative priorities and critical areas that impinge on work of other units. Work is carried out within broad guidelines, but informed guidance is available.
- Assigns and outlines work; advises of problems; reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post secondary education
- Bachelor’s degree in financial discipline, engineering, or technical field.
- 10+ years working experience, including 2+ years of relevant project experience.
- Must be a proven high performer, based on prior performance reviews.
- Completion of a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE's CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred.
- Proficiency with SAP and Ecosis.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.