Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Cost Engineer / Project Control Coordinator to join their team. This a six (6) month contract position located in their Calgary head office.
The project control coordinator will manage the total cost of projects within maintenance Capital execution year portfolio.
Work will include managing cost, estimating, forecasting and budgeting in addition to projects scheduling.
This individual will apply scientific principles and techniques to budget and plan for investment projects and monitor costs throughout project lifecycle.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the refinement, implementation and maintenance of the project controls processes
- Leads the development of accurate and timely incurred cost, committed cost and forecasts
- Responsible for the consolidation of cost information across projects and portfolio
- Ensures change management program is in place and functioning with key focus on trends and that deviations are tracked, reported and understood by the project team
- Responsible for analyzing project reports, and assisting in the development of mitigation strategies.
- Take lead in regular updating of monthly reports including schedule and cost performance with a key focus on forecasts and variance analysis
- Support project leadership in the development of plans and reports.
- Working with site contractors to make sure that project controls requirements are provided in accordance with the contract requirements
- Required to participate in project procurement, contracting and contract administration activities to safeguard that project controls requirements are in place and followed
- Provides training, mentorship and leadership to other project controls specialists on the project team
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 10 to 15 years of experience in project controls with a focus on cost control preferably in the Oil and Gas industry
- Degree in Engineering, Business or other relevant training
- Thorough understanding of project management and project controls concepts including: estimating, cost engineering, scheduling, risk management and earned value
- Advanced proficiency with management systems
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and is comfortable in dealing with various levels of the organization
- Preference for having field experience
- Preference to have experience using SAP
- Experience in work in fast pace environment
- Provide leadership and mentorship to a group of people
- Lead a team of 5 people
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.