Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility companies in Michigan? Assisting them in serving 6.7 million of the state’s 10 million residents? They are currently looking for a Customer Energy Management Project Coordinator. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Customer Energy Management Project Coordinator
Location: West Branch, Michigan
Duration: Until June 2019 (possible extension)
- The Project Coordinator is responsible for the execution of providing gas and electric service to residential and commercial/industrial customers.
- This individual will be expected to have working knowledge of the Gas and/ or Electric Distribution Systems.
- The Project Coordinator will have to effectively prioritize and organize small to large sized projects in response to the needs of the customer.
- This will primarily revolve around gathering customer scopes and following the project from the design, scheduling, and field construction phases by the customers want date.
Tasks for this role will include:
- Serving as 'the face' of the company to our customers, which includes responsibility for the overall coordination of work between the customer, the company, and any other outside stakeholders.
- Estimating customer and system loads, updating customers on the status of projects, generating tasks for other departments, providing cost estimates, identifying any required permits and scheduling work orders.
- Project Scoping, evaluating and analyzing distribution design requirements and impact on distribution system to direct the preparation of the work order
- Coordinating pre-requisites for successful completion of a distribution project to meet customer commitments requiring ingenuity as to application of normal procedures.
- Field Work may be required to meet on-site with customers.
- The ideal applicant should exhibit the ability to analyze complex problems, recommend alternatives, and take corrective action, while exhibiting in-depth knowledge of the policies and procedures of the business.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
It is also critical to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills, strong teamwork and the ability to work independently on assigned complex projects.
- Use computer assisted drafting (CAD) or other appropriate systems/software/programs such as SAP to accommodate customer's request and align with internal quality control processes.
- Manage project milestones; organizing and prioritizing the scheduling of work assignments in response to work orders
- Possess strong computer (Windows, Microsoft Office) and analytical skills