As a Customer Service Representative for our Public Sector Client, you will have dynamic work each day, and be the first point of contact for all of their customers. There are many qualities that will help you to succeed in this role: attention to detail, confidence, strong communication, and most importantly, adaptability.
You’re organized and detailed, capable of handling a wide variety of tasks accurately. You are also calm & patient – able to inspire confidence in customers and deal with complex situations in a competent manner.
In addition, you’re a people person, a good listener, and a friendly and supportive coworker. If that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in with their team.
Other specific duties will include:
- Provide quality customer services in a call center environment by providing timely and accurate information related to programs, products and services
- Provide interpretation of guidelines, directives and procedures
- Offer guidance and support to customers in completing documents and forms
- Offer support to customers experiencing problems accessing or obtaining specialized information, and refer to the appropriate program area or organization for resolution
Attributes & Qualifications
The attributes of a great customer service rep:
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and spoken, with customers and co-workers
- Ability to listen and understand a customer’s request
- Task oriented with a strong work ethic and genuine desire to uphold the company vision
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong problem solving skills with a solution based approach
- Accountable and reliable
- Courteous mannerism with a customer focus
- Professional approach
- Ability to be flexible
Additionally, these qualifications will help you stand out:
- Experience in customer service where service was delivered in person and on the phone
- Experience working in a high-volume inbound call center
- Experience in retail sales or customer service an asset
- Tech savvy with outstanding Microsoft Office and especially Excel skills
- Fluency in French is considered an asset.
The Work Environment
This is a short-term position (1-2 weeks), where you can accelerate your career growth by gaining valuable experience with a leading customer care organization.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.