Our large Energy client, is recognized by customers as United States’ leading utilities company.
We are looking for an Cyber Security Analyst III to join the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Akron, Ohio, United States
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or similar discipline is preferred. A bachelor’s degree in another field with relevant industry experience in cyber/information security will be considered.
- Four to seven years of professional work experience in cyber or information security, or in another IT discipline where cyber or information security was a significant portion of the position’s responsibility
- Effective communication skills which includes creating and delivering presentations, briefs, and training sessions. Must compose well-written, professional documents and reports with minimal editorial and proofing support.
- Translate technical output from systems and assessment tools into understandable reports and action plans
- Work effectively with people at varying levels within an organizational hierarchy to accomplish tasks and goals
- Work independently within a set of objectives, procedures, and parameters to accomplish project tasking. Able to lead ad-hoc project task teams and other workgroups to accomplish project tasks, resolve issues, and lead/communicate important changes.
- Able to participate in an on-call rotation (cycling weekly) responding to out-of-hours calls and alerts in support of security response, including infrequent on-site response out-of-hours.
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis to other buildings in the Akron area. Infrequent overnight business travel to locations throughout the company’s service territory (OH, PA, NJ, MD, WV) will be required of this position.
- Experience in hands-on operation and administration of one or more standard IT discipline area (Windows, Linux/Unix, Networking, etc.) in a professional setting is preferred
- Holding a security-related certification such as a CISSP, GIAC GSEC, etc. is preferred.
- Maintain and support the Cyber Security Program, protecting all corporate cyber assets.
- Support company’s compliance with NERC CIP, protecting the Bulk Electric System.
- In conjunction with the team and other stakeholders, develop and maintain security baselines, procedures, and other strategies that effectively protect cyber assets while ensuring reliable and consistent system operations.
- Consult with Business Units and IT on security and protection measures of systems and information during the design and implementation of an on-premise and cloud/SaaS solutions.
- Participate in the Cyber Incident Response process.
- Aid in the development and maintenance of the Security Awareness Training program.
- Understand software and system vulnerability processes, manage vulnerability patches through a process lifecycle, and perform vulnerability assessments on systems and services.
- Support the implementation of Corporate Cyber Security capital projects by assisting with the implementation of devices; evaluating vendor solutions; assisting with coordination of vulnerability assessment activities; assisting with review of programs, policies, procedures and standards in relation to cyber security best practices.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.