Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Data Visualization and Analytics Specialist to join their team, located at their Edmonton office.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a suite of key program level dashboards in PowerBI for the Pipeline Integrity & Facilities Integrity.
- Responsible for the code and scripts that extract, transform, clean, & move data from various data sources in the department into PowerBI (or other software platforms such as a "low code app" used by the department).
- Identify and develop new reports and / or analysis (self-identified improvements) for the department.
- Analyze scope and schedule reports from external sponsors (Pipeline Integrity, Facility Integrity, etc.,), plan execution timeframes for the scope, on an annual and ten-year timeframe.
- Establish, create, and maintain reports on department data integrity from the various data sources used by the department.
- Identify, develop, and maintain reports on scope specific permit information / data and the resulting scheduling / forecasting challenges.
- Work with other departments to help improve the interface of data sent between departments to reduce the overall amount of time the company expands on data management.
- Create or update existing forms of data collection systems in the pertinent software platforms to improve and streamline data collection and storage as requested by management.
- Provide technical guidance and business intelligence know-how in addressing business needs.
- Perform system tests and quality assurance activities on reports and data source.
- Create and deliver end-user training and documentation as required.
- Develop and create an information data collection approach / system and process for non-standard or new work executed by the department to allow the scope to be included in current department reporting.
- Develop and write new (or update existing) department processes and procedures to improve information and data management for the department.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience as a data analyst, software engineer, and project engineering.
- Adept at queries, report and procedure writing and presenting findings.
- Technical expertise regarding data model’s development, data mining, data warehousing and segmentation techniques.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (MS PowerPivot, MS PowerView etc.), databases (excel, access, SQL etc.), programming (MS Visio), MS PowerBI, MS Power Apps or other low code apps.
- BS in Mathematics, Commerce, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, or Statistics.
- Advanced knowledge with MS Office 2010, 2013, and 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point) and MS SharePoint.
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS PowerBI, MS Power Apps skills.
- Strong data related analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Background in designing analytics portals / dashboards, metrics, and reports with various user interfaces.
- Proven ability to problem solve and deliver high quality solutions on time in a fast paced environment.
- Possess excellent development skills across technologies with the ability to learn new software on-the-job.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.