Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for an: Data Center/Systems Administrator on 18 months long assignment extension beyond, in Hillsboro, OR, USA.
Performing general server administration tasks, monitoring and optimizing system performance and reliability, operational workflow development, and managing enhancements/upgrades and providing various levels of support.
- Linux OS experience and trouble shooting
- Familiarity with server hardware
- Develops and maintain system documentation for Lab/Data Center configuration and customizations.
- Designs, develops, and maintains custom templates and reports for performance and proof of concept testing. Provides application and server level support for server environments and serve as the Subject Matter Expert for asset management system.
- Lead Technical efforts for software upgrade, patch updates, data migration, for server software.
- Apply configuration and tuning standards in accordance with Linux recommendations and client’s requirements.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for server/software configuration and customizations.
- Conduct system performance analysis and performance improvements in collaboration with Architects, -Engineers and Network Engineer to ensure system efficiency.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 level support.
- HW/Server landing and OS deployment to documented specifications (rack, wire, configure) within our FM2 lab
- Linux Administration and troubleshooting (Multiple Distro)
- Asset management and maintenance using standard systems
- Use ticketing system (Jira) to communicate with customers and track work
- Communicate in slack, email, IM, JIRA, and phone with our internal customer groups for tickets
- Comfortable reviewing and modifying BIOS, RAID, and BMC/IPMI settings
- 1+years IT related experience
- Linux administration (CentOS & Ubuntu) administration including installation, configuration, monitoring, upgrade and Pkg installation. Knowledge of computer diagnostics and installation, to include hardware/software troubleshooting and networking
- Server administration (HW experience): Familiarity with the operation and configuration of networking protocols, network interface card installation, switches, and similar
- Communication skills (working with team members and internal customers)
- Detail oriented and able to follow process/instructions
- Shell scripting experience (to perform commands/scans across clusters – distributed servers)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and offer effective solutions under tight deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
- Must be capable of lifting 1U to 4U rack mounted servers up to 40 pounds and familiar with the use of Rack Jacks and general data center safety procedures
- Follow written and/or Verbal instructions for custom operating system and application installs Maintaining and auditing lab assets and routine inventory control
- Capable of learning and using custom built asset and inventory tracking software (training will be provided)
Minimum Education: HS Diploma or GED
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.