Ian Martin PBC is a global supplier of technical talent in the Oil & Gas, Information Technology, Power & Energy, Healthcare, and Manufacturing Industries.
Our #1 client in the Houston area is looking for a Data architecture or Data Engineer immediately.
Job Tittle: Data architecture or Data Engineer
Location: Houston, TX 77056
Duration : 6 months contract
- As a Data Engineer, you’ll help ingest, transform and store clean and enriched data in ready for business intelligence consumption.
- Participates in conceptual, logical data modeling and physical design, database implementation, maintenance and support. Will also manage others within the functional teams/units of the database organization. 7-10 years of experience.
***Must have Databricks, ADF experience***
- Data Engineer role (5+ years), with a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Build and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, data quality checks, minimize Cloud cost, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Data Bricks, No-SQL
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Document and communicate standard methods and tools used.
- Work with other data engineers, data ingestion specialists, and experts across the company to consolidate methods and tool standards where practical.
- Experience using the following software/tools: Big data tools: Hadoop, HDI, & Spark, Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including COSMOS, Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Data Bricks (Spark), ADF, Dataflow, Microsoft Azure, Stream-processing systems: Storm, Streaming-Analytics, IoT Hub, Event HubObject-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, SQL
What you’ll do
- Work independently on complex data engineering problems to support data science strategy of products
- Use broad and deep technical knowledge in the data engineering space to tackle complex data problems for product teams, with a core focus on using technical expertise
- Improve the data availability by acting as a liaison between Lab teams and source systems
- Collect, blend, and transform data using ETL tools, database management system tools, and code development
- Implement data models and structures data in ready-for business consumption formats
- Aggregate data across various warehousing models (e.g. OLAP cubes, star schemas, etc.) for BI purposes
- Collaborate with business teams and understand how data needs to be structured for consumption.