Our client is one of North America’s leading Integrated Oil Companies. They have an immediate need for Data Entry Specialist to join their team for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity. This role will be located in their downtown Calgary head office location.
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
Learning Management System (LMS) Data Entry level person required to support the data transfer needed for completing the Vawn CAP initiative and to support the additional site implementations, as per expedited timeline
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
This role provides data entry support for Competency Assurance Program (CAP) roll out. As part of the project, large amount of training items and materials need to be moved or created in Learning Management System (LMS). Working closely with LMS System Administrators and following established data entry techniques and procedures, this role supports the initial build of the training components in the LMS. (Training will be provided.)
- As part of the process, significant effort is focused on quality.
- Various data validation techniques are utilized to assure any errors and inconsistencies are identified and corrected.
- This includes proofreading, executing system reports, using excel to cross reference data from multiple sources, testing user experience and similar.
- The role also provides support with document maintenance tasks like consistent formatting, branding, splitting or combining documents as required to support the training activities and related document management tasks in established document management systems like organizing folders, archiving identified documents, adhering to established naming conventions and similar.
- Additional responsibilities include providing support to LMS System Administrators with routine tasks, user level system testing and providing input on improvement of user experience and user system documentation (job aids).
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office applications – specifically Word and Excel
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in administration type of role
- Experience with document management system supporting established document management process
- Proven data entry skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with data validation (analyzing and reviewing existing data and makes corrections)
- Ability to stay focused while processing repetitive tasks
- Good proofreading skills
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Learning Management System (LMS) and/or SuccessFactors HRIS system is a bonus, but not required
- Experience with document management in OpenText (Livelink) or SharePoint are considered an asset
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to set priorities
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgement
- Strong communication
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.