One of our utilities clients has an immediate need for a Data Governance – Analytics Specialist to join their Information Management and Technology (IM&T) group. This group is comprised of several functional groups that are focused on project delivery, architecture, information management, security, application, and infrastructure management.
As our client continues down the path of digital transformation, data services and analytics is beginning to take center stage and driving the long-term analytics strategy and vision In this role you will help enable the organization in an end to end transformation in the world of analytics to fulfill both short and long term goals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze and document business data requirements and sources.
- Translate various business processes and requirements in an existing business environment and convert them into the development of conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Design and implement database mechanisms to maintain data integrity, reusability, redundancy, and sharing across applications.
- Actively build relationships with key business stakeholders and senior leaders across the organization to better understand the opportunities for data and analytics for enhanced decision-making.
- Assess the scope and value of proposed analytics projects, while managing the ongoing analytics project and product feature pipeline.
- Analyze, design, deliver, and implement analytic development projects, in line with the business solutions through analytics tools, such as SAS, ACL, Business Objects, Python, SQL, Spotfire, Excel, Power BI, Big data platforms etc.
- Identify data repositories for decommissioning.
- Examine opportunities to integrate data analytics into various business solutions across the organization.
- Advise and lead data integration efforts across all the business verticals in the organization.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in Data Services, Data Governance, Analytics and Big Data Platforms.
- Knowledge of relational database structures & underlying concepts.
- Data visualization experience including workspace, report builder, tableau, and similar tools that are in the market.
- Knowledge of technical analytics tools to perform analysis, conduct research, and present findings to the IT & Business leadership.
- Experience with agile methodologies including Scrum and Kan-Ban.
- An ability to interpret research, extracting insight from data, linking to strategies and communicating a compelling summary of findings to drive results.
- Hands-on proficient experience with SQL databases, relational databases, or cloud database environments.
- Knowledge in analytic tools such as Power BI or equivalent cloud environments, and data platforms such as Tableau, Qlik, Databricks, Python, R, Azure, Spotfire or equivalent.
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative consumer research techniques.
- Excel and Power Point power user.
- A degree in Business, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Intelligence, Mathematics, or an equivalent degree in a relevant field of study.
- Experience with technology, a knowledge of Agile projects, Risk management and/or business functions within Gas, Pipeline Business realms, including direct relevant experience in data analysis will be a great advantage.
- Verbal and written skills to be able to communicate effectively to both a technical and business audience.
- Ability to collaborate/negotiate with various technology and business stakeholders.
- Expertise and patience to be able to explain analytics to various groups with differing levels of analytics knowledge and exposure.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize work in a demanding environment.
- Drive and curiosity to understand the relationships between data and activities, draw conclusions and use critical thinking to validate/verify outputs.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.