If you have a knack for data modelling especially in the areas of designing conceptual, logical and physical data models , then you’d love to chat with us about your next rewarding and challenging assignment with a top Oil and Gas client of ours.
The purpose of our client’s project is to complete the activities for the Integrated Decision Approach Program within their Information Services Branch to allow maximum business value. The Information Services Branch (ISB) of our client has multiple projects that require Data Architecture and Data Modelling expertise to support the business objectives of the IDA program.
• Working with the project team in designing or extending a data model that meets the requirements of the solution and the reference architecture.
• Design conceptual, logical and physical data models for the projects.
• Mapping of data between environments, and data mapping for the User Interface (Presentation)
• Capturing Metadata and data definitions.
• Provide support to project team around database development activities, like explaining the data model, populating reference data, etc.
• Creating DDL/DML and other scripts to populate and update data as required. Maintain a repository of database scripts, and as required, participate in the creation/update of databases for all environments – DEV to PRD.
• Provide data modelling, data flow, data mapping, and other data design documentation as required
• Conduct other data Modelling and database scripting duties as assigned
The Data Modeler will be a part of Information Services Branch, and is expected to work on ISB’s Integrated Decision Approach Program.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working with the project team to design and extend a data architecture that meets the reference architecture and supports the business needs.
• Design conceptual, logical and physical data models related to the IDA projects
• Provide mapping, and support documentation for the implemented data model
• Participate in meeting, reviews, and other discussions as required
• Enhance/extend the data architecture and data modelling for reporting and downstream systems.
Skills – REQUIRED:
• Experience with Data Architecture, Data Modelling and database scripting to build and extend databases required by transactional systems.
• Experience in designing data models for Reporting tools like Tableau, with in-depth knowledge of both relational and dimensional data model
• Familiar with the Agile development methodology
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
Skills – RECOMMENDED:
• Proficient problem solving skills
• Timely resolution of project and technical issues
• Ability to work collaboratively within a project team and a data architecture group
Other skills deemed necessary for team or project compatibility:
• Previous experience on IT projects with business or regulatory focus.
• Experience of working on cross-domain projects involving technologies such as Web User Interface, Tibco, Informatica, Tableau, GIS, .Net, etc.
• Experience with industry standard data models and data warehouse
Experience with Agile:
• Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, or Lean)
• Setting Sprint goals and managing team/self-capacity to meet deliverables
• Working with Sprint iterations and backlog grooming.
• Working in teams and understanding the roles of each person on the project team
• Managing expectations
• Participating in sprint review or retrospective meetings
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.