Data Quality Specialist
Knowledge & Skills
Our Client is looking for a Data Quality Specialist to assist with the construction and implementation of a data quality vision and strategy. This role will support with the construction and articulation of the data quality strategy, framework, strategic priorities and road map for improving the processes, practices, and methods to advance the data quality discipline.
Between 6 to 8 years of experience in a leadership role in Data Management, Data Governance and/or Data Quality.
Demonstrated success in a leadership role and vision
- Graduate level degree in Computer Science, Information Management or Software Engineering
- Wide range of superior communication skills, including but not limited to: interpersonal and collaboration skills, public speaking, negotiating, and presentations
- Extensive experience with all facets of data management including data architecture and modeling, data quality, data warehousing, business intelligence, and metadata management
- Extensive experience and exposure to tools used to support data management specifically business glossary, metadata management, data profiling, and data quality (e.g. IBM Infosphere).
- Strong ability to work in undiscovered, unstructured territories and to formalize processes that are currently not formalized
- Experience in establishing and successfully leading Data Quality programs: heavy emphasis on developing and implementing data standards policies, practices, and procedures that lead to substantive improvements in data integrity and data quality.
- Proven ability to coordinate cross-functional teams of IT professionals, business executives, and other key stakeholders towards common goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify quantify and effectively raise business risks associated with data quality and data governance.
- Extensive project management and leadership experience
- Thought Leadership for Data Quality
- Proactively champion the value of data as a strategic asset by supporting the advancement of Data Quality frameworks, standards, policies, artefacts and processes that will be leveraged by business units locally & regionally.
- Provide advisory guidance and support to Data Owners to ensure Data Quality accountabilities are understood.
- Liaise with ITC and other functions collaborating to provide support and sharing learning including standards, policies and processes on Data Quality journey.
Executive and cross-functional, cross-project support for Data Quality:
- Support committees and business partners to identify Data Quality requirements and mitigate data risks.
- Act as an advocate and subject matter expert for data quality as a strategic imperative, providing support and guidance to other enterprise stakeholders
- Support executive leadership, IT, and business partners to deliver superior data quality solutions, including defining and documenting data quality requirements, rules and controls consistent with department and organizational strategies.
Data Quality Strategy, Policy, Standards & Enforcement
- Support the construction of the Data Quality Framework and Strategy for in line with the organization`s strategic plan and goals
- Support the construction of Data Quality policies, standards and processes
- Recommend which data rules, responsibilities & data management processes should be implemented or changed to support establishment of the Data Quality Framework and Strategy
- Recommend tactical actions as well as longer term initiatives to mitigate data quality risks
- Ensure that proposed recommendations are aligned with enterprise data governance strategy
- Set up action plans, evaluate, and prioritize potential initiatives with business stakeholders
Data Quality cross-functional organization support:
- Support the establishment of data ownership and accountability within the business
- Partner with the business to ensure that appropriate resources are assigned to support data governance accountabilities
- Educate and encourage data to be recognized as a “Strategic Enterprise Asset”
- Support the selection and adoption of Data Governance & Data Quality technology tools.
- Support other Data Governance, Metadata Management and Data Stewardship objectives
- Support and contribute to project management activities by participating in the scoping and estimating of project efforts, risks identification and mitigation measures recommendation, communicating activity status and providing timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems to the Project Manager;
- Maintain the currency of the data quality documentation