Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Communication company.
We are looking for a Data Sciences Analytics to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, math, applied science / engineering, or equivalent
- Must have advanced level skills with multiple analytical tools such as Microstrategy, R, Python, Scala, Tableau.
- Experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms and approaches.
- Familiarity working with NoSQL databases and unstructured/semi-structured data.
- 5 to 8 years of great working experience using MicroStrategy suite of products.
- Advanced skills with SQL and database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Hive, Impala
- Experience with ETL technologies and approaches.
- Highly analytical skills and ability to work with large and complex technical data sets.
- Ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations.
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience with, Big Data and/or software development, and/or developing visualization tools.
- Ability to work with a team towards common goals.
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels.
- Work with Network Big Data CoE team members, Network Engineering, Operations as well as other business units to understand and analyze business needs and design and develop data solutions by exploring data sources, analytics approaches to be used, e.g. mining, forecasting, visualization, etc. and execute to address the business needs.
- Explore new sources of information to uncover new business opportunities at all levels of the business (strategic to operational).
- Exercise leading edge analytics skills in data visualization, mining, forecasting, etc. to address business needs.
- Work with and present to all management levels.
- Maintain and expand your knowledge of BI and current technology through training opportunities.
- Work in an agile environment and contribute to the improvement of our development processes.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.