Our Midstream client is looking for a Data Visualization Specialist for their office in Downtown Edmonton.
- Develop solutions to reporting and information requirements.
- Respond to requests for data analysis and reports.
- Create visualization and dashboard reports.
- Identify and assess business opportunities and address key business challenges.
- Provide advice on and interpretation of business data and provide support to plan design.
- Develop solutions based on information requirements.
- Participate in data warehouse initiatives and identify any data issues with the data warehouse.
- Provide support to department functional teams in the effective implementation and continuous improvement of a centralized Projects Quality document control management process.
- Provides overall quality initiative leadership by:
- Utilize Power BI tools for effective Cost of Poor Quality analytics, streamlining data reporting and information requests.
- Root Cause Analysis
- Utilize SharePoint for documentation compliance activities
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or completion of a two-year technical or community college certificate in Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline.
- Demonstrable experience working with:
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and presentation tools such as Power BI or other similar BI tools.
- Data Models, Database design & SQL Server
- Advanced working knowledge of data visualization tools.
- Experience working with data warehouse facts and dimensions.
- A strong understanding of the structure of relational databases and their implementation.
- Proven ability to work effectively with large volumes of data, business lines and plans.
- Analytical abilities, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and organize workflow and priorities.
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to meet varying client needs.
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, perseverance and integrity.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects over varying time lines.
- Strong communication, presentation & interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Power BI and Office Applications (Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, especially with handling sensitive documents and company information
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.