We are in need of a full time Data Warehouse Specialist to join our fast growing Education team in the Victoria, BC location. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. After approx. 6 months, pending positive work output, candidate will be offered a full-time, permanent position. Candidates who apply should be open and willing to convert after 6 months.
The data warehouse specialist will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing an existing data warehouse solution, troubleshooting issues, making recommendations to the client and working with conventional data warehouse technologies to come up with plans that best support the client. The data warehouse specialist will be responsible for multiple solutions, including an operational data store (ODS) ,a dimensional data warehouse and a business intelligence reporting solution. The specialist will have a key role in the analysis, design and delivery of the various solution components. Additionally, the specialist will work with key solution stakeholders to respond to any issues or requests that occur regarding the solution.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but will not be limited to:
• Understanding of user data requirements, analysis of source data and designing data models to support analytic reporting.
• Extract, transform and load (ETL) design, development and support for moving transactional data from source system(s) into the enterprise Operational Data Store.
• Monitoring and maintaining data integrity throughout ETL load process. Designing and execute data quality processesing
• Fully documenting designs, processes and procedures to align with defined solution standards.
• Performing Logical and physical database design for schemas required in support of Business Intelligence tools such as Oracle OBIEE and Microsoft Power BI
• Performing key support contact role with user community to identify new requirements, enhance existing function, enforce data integrity and improve operational efficiency.
• Tuning of ETL process and user reports through coordination with users, DBA and data warehouse designer.
Mandatory Skills/Experience and Characteristics:
• We prefer a BSc in Computer Science or other related area. Failing that, we will consider the equivalent in experience.
• Data Conversions / Data Warehouse / Big Data / Business Intelligence
• Operational Data Store experience
• Oracle DB / Oracle OBIEE
• ETL and Business Solution Support and Maintenance
• Dimensional Data Model (Kimball Methodology)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to present complex solutions to users and management in a non-technical format.
• Ability to partner with SYSAdmin, DBA, users and others to drive cross-functional project efforts.
• Ability to think and act independently and to thrive in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to discuss and understand user requirements and map these into highly-available, high-performance system designs