Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Database Administrator for a 6+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Database Administrator, responsible to support Global Reconciliation and Risk Focus group, in supporting their respective infrastructures, project support (e.g., database refreshes, backup/recovery, annual BCP testing), on-going support (e.g., quarterly patching, performance analysis and tuning) and upgrade.
Typical Day in Role
- Provide on-site database and system support
- Monitor, collect statistical information, and provide reporting on capacity and system performance
- Based on statistics, make recommendations to maintain and improve capacity and system performance
- Monitor the system, and act upon system and application automated alerts
- Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of software, o/s, and database issues (ex. correcting installation, configuration, or data problems)
- Plan and perform software installation, configuration, upgrade and patching
- Plan and perform database configuration, maintenance, upgrade and patching
- Perform and manage system and database backups
- Perform manual switch to redundant system / database components, in case of system failure
- Configuration, planning and installation/upgrades of Oracle servers.
- Performance and general health/capacity monitoring, tuning and load balancing.
- Routine maintenance including database rebuilds/re-indexing/expansion and archiving.
- Troubleshooting and assist in the resolution of application problems.
- Assist in promotions, data conversions, and backup/recovery.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Oracle Database Administration (8+ years’ experience with Oracle 9i-12c)
2) Performance tuning (8+ years’ experience)
3) RAC (8+ years’ experience)
4) Data Guard (8+ years’ experience)
5) ASM (8+ years’ experience)
6) FI/Banking Industry (5+ years’ experience)
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- Oracle Certified Professional
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”