Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as USA’s leading Utility company.
We are looking for a Database Analyst
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Akron, Ohio, United States
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- VBA, VB.Net, and/or SQL. 5+ years of data analysis and manipulation.
- Must be able to write / modify data analysis code
- Deep experience with MS Access
- The languages used are VBA, VB.Net, and SQL.
- Some of the existing SQL is rather complex.
- Specific areas of programming knowledge that are required include the Access object model (our systems have both ADO and some legacy DAO) and Excel object model.
- Familiarity with XML parsing, HTTP requests, and building new executable using .Net helps.
- Candidate should have significant experience working with Access; including writing/modifying queries and working with tables (local, linked, and ODBC).
- Familiarity with SQL Server and SQL Developer is also helpful.
- Ability to read, understand, modify, and troubleshoot an existing code base as well as write new code.
- There is a high emphasis on troubleshooting, so if an existing system stops working for whatever reason the candidate would need to be able to work through the various issues that could be causing the observed behavior and determine how to get the system working again.
- Analyzes, develops, tests and implements database designs in support of technology requirements.
- Performs data modeling, logical and physical database design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, monitoring of standards and procedures, validation checks, and data loading.
- This would be completed with performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, and backup and recovery.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.