You are expected to know the Demandware platform and its reference application, SiteGenesis, earn the Demandware Developer certification and become an expert in the API, management tools, and capabilities. You will use this knowledge to plan, write, and test code to meet the requirements of tasks assigned, based on the technical specification for the task provided by your Technical Architect.
You will work with the proprietary Demandware toolset (DemandwareScript, pipelines, ISML templates) to customize Demandware’s SiteGenesis to build fully functioning ecommerce sites on desktop, tablet and mobile devices. You will use object oriented techniques to create reusable, easy to maintain code. Your code must conform to Demandware best practices, the lyonscg code standards and perform well under load.
As a back end focused developer, you will work more on the business logic, real time and back office integrations, using DemandwareScript and pipelines to manipulate data, integrate with external services and create jobs for processing data.
You will generally work independently on tasks, but participate as an active team member in daily scrums as part of our agile software development methodology. This includes joining sprint planning meetings as well as estimating work effort on tasks assigned. You will also be part of the demandware development team, contributing to the team’s success through knowledge sharing in daily team building activities and weekly code presentations, as well as collaborating on internal initiatives as requested
- Hands On experience integrating this third parties such as Address/shipping/tax validation, Payment authorization, CRM, OMS
- Should be comfortable setting up and working on SVN, GIT, Eclipse
- Strong understanding on Web Services, Server Side JS framework
- Detailed understanding of the SFCC architecture including Services Framework, OCAPI et al
- Lead the effort to design, build and configure mid sized applications
- Sound understanding of ecommerce domain and functioning
- Should have managed team of developers in past
- Certification is a big plus