Our client is one of the world's largest multinational utility service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Senior Design Engineer in Burnaby, BC.
If you have experience with the following, then we would like to meet with you.
- BA/MS Electrical Engineering degree with 5 years of communication product design experience
- VHDL design (5 years)
- Analogue and Digital circuit design experience (5 years).
- Xilinx and Modelsim tool sets
- Knowledge of Packet, Ethernet, SONET/SDH, PDH, Voice, Data technologies
- Proactive team player
- Assume design authority role for existing and new Access Cards (Hardware/FPGA/Firmware/ Test loads)
- Review marketing requirements to develop formal product specifications
- Plan and implement electronic designs to meet new product specifications and schedules
- Support and solve existing product design deficiencies reported by customers
- Provide product support to Systems and Applications Engineering groups
- Assist and share ideas for use in new telecommunications platforms
- Excellent communication, organization and documentation skills
- The successful candidate will be able to bring products from a clean sheet concept through to the final design stage for manufacturing.
- This candidate will have a strong technical background in digital, analogue and optical electronics, with the ability to implement standard and non-standard telecommunication protocols in cost/power efficient designs.