Ian Martin has an immediate opening for a Designer/Drafter for a long term assignment in Mebane, North Carolina, USA for one of our global manufacturing customer.
- Investigate issues on the shop floor, root cause, put corrective actions in place.
- Work with manufacturing to have prototypes built, evaluate the prototypes.
- Run small projects for cost out or quality improvements.
- Coordinate with Plainville test engineer and/or test lab.
- Coordinate with Mexico designers.
- Very hands on oriented.
- Ability and willingness to multitask and change directions quickly.
- CREO design and bill of material experience is a plus but not likely a big part of their job.
- Experience with design, test and analysis tools required to sustain the lighting panel products
- Sound knowledge UL 50, 50E, 67, and 98.
- Experience in design, analysis, and test circuit breakers of lighting panels
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with proven relationships and a collaborative approach Demonstrated use of six sigma tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills Familiarity with ordering logic and SAP