Are you a DevOps Engineer with 5 – 10+ years of experience who regularly seeks to increase speed of delivery, improve quality of codes, and optimize processes? Do you enjoy leading and contributing in fast paced high energy teams? Then we would love to discuss an opportunity with you for our Midstream client for their office in Calgary, AB.
Our client's teams incorporate a variety of multidisciplinary skills, including industrial predictive algorithms, machine learning, and sentiment analysis.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- You’ll bring deep functional expertise to ensure large-scale business impact of the digital products being built and drive competitive advantage.
- You’ll advise Tech Leads and developers of various teams on assessment of existing problems and development of process improvement solutions; ensure efficient coordination of technical and administrative resources; and ensure coordination with other internal and/or external partners.
- You’ll identify bottlenecks in coding development and deployment processes.
- You’ll build coding standardizations and automate processes for the organization.
- You’ll lead employee research related to pain points in the coding and development process.
- You’ll collaborate with the rest of DevOps team to deliver consistent and holistic solution to the organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You’re experienced in programming (5+ years, 10+ preferred).
- You bring a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around you.
- You’re passionate about innovation with a “can do” attitude.
- You’re a DevOps expert (e.g., automating IT operations).
- You have experience working in applications, systems or IT operations.
- You have worked in agile methodology.
- You have working knowledge of two or more programming languages.
- You build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a welcoming and effective workplace.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
- You’ll be based in an office environment with occasional travel to other Lab locations.
- You’ll be part of a pressurized environment, working to tight deadlines.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.