Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for a Solution Architect – Senior to support the team.
Duration: 3 months
Location: Kanata, Ontario, Canada
Working in the Development Practices and Innovation CoE, the “DevOps Operations” team is the fuel that keeps the development and deployment or the continuous delivery pipeline moving. This team of multi-faceted engineers work to automate and manage all aspects of the software development life cycle as it moves through the deployment pipeline. Broad understanding of continuous integration and delivery drives these members to continuously seek new and innovative ways to streamline the process that enables effective delivery of products to the operations team. These dedicated souls manage the tools used to enable the delivery of Agile products and product lines whilst managing the day-to-day challenges of keeping the CI engine tuned to deliver.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven experience working as a systems engineer supporting automated builds and continuous integration.
- Deep understanding of code development constructs such as automated build, code merging and branching strategies, automated testing and reporting and process flow control.
- Sharp analytic and problem-solving capabilities that go beyond strict technical expertise.
- Broad IT knowledge and strong level of familiarity with a wide range of technologies and IT practices.
- Understanding of cloud-native technologies and containerization of services.
- Management of CI/CD pipeline.
- Manage Legacy Deployment Activity.
- Manage Configuration and Automation Backlog.
- Operate, provide intake and support for various tools spanning the SDLC.
- Manage and Operate Source Code Repository.
- Manage and Operate Code Quality Scanning.
- Manage and Operate Pipeline Orchestrator.
- Manage and operate non-prod environments.
- Manage Environment Provisioning Requests.
- Manage Infrastructure Requests Enhance Automation and Streamline.
- Support patching, runtime execution and incident management.
- Manage Risk Exposure (CVE and open source inventory scanning).
- Collaborate with relevant IT teams to ensure smooth service transition of products and services into the operating environment, including operational document reviews and ensuring delivery teams adequately test product and services prior to operational handoff.
- Extensive experience working with open source frameworks and leveraging capabilities scaled by the community at large.
- Adaptive to change and ability to quickly learn and apply concepts to business priorities.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.