The Director of Engineering position is part of the Executive Leadership team. You will have experience as a Design Engineer (mechanical or electrical) in a manufacturing organization. If you are driven, innovative, and bring solid leadership skills AND engineering skills; let's talk.
This role provides global strategic and tactical leadership for all engineering activities. Responsibilities include: budget and resource planning and management; hiring and talent management; critical input in the development of our product strategy roadmaps; leadership of all new product development projects; investigate, analyze new technology opportunities in collaboration with our corporate R&D team; overall leadership for all sustaining activities including product quality improvements and warranty reduction; product cost reductions and production support; strategic and tactical leadership for our engineering lab facilities and equipment.
- Bachelors Degree, Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience Director of Engineering within a manufacturing organization.
- Experience directing and leading individuals and teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and experience – ability to quickly analyze detailed product designs and issues, and provide technical input and guidance.
- Results driven engineering leader with demonstrated ability to drive positive change within a team and organization
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Strong business acumen and influencing skills.
- Experience working in a matrix organizational structure. Ability to work cross-functional and globally.
- Up to 25% travel required
- Drive daily execution for all product line engineering initiatives to meet our monthly, quarterly and yearly business metrics and objectives. This will include direct involvement and leadership for critical business projects and resolution of key customer issues.
- Develop, grow and manage detailed resource plans to maximize the effectiveness of our engineering team.
- Analyze, develop and hire high-performance engineering team including improvement of critical functional and leadership skills within our engineering team.
- Develop and execute global strategy to drive improved product quality, reduce warranty costs and improve customer satisfaction.
- Identify, develop and improve core engineering systems and processes in alignment with our corporate engineering functional and innovation teams.
- Develop and manage cost center budgets.