We are looking for a top talent Director of Engineering. An ‘up and comer’ who is driven, will bring innovation, change and direction to the growing Engineering Group. If you are both strong technically and a exceptional leadership skills; let's talk.
This role provides global strategic and tactical leadership for all engineering activities for our durable goods manufactured products and on our Canadian leadership team. Responsibilities include: budget and resource planning and management; hiring and talent management; critical input in the development of our product strategy roadmaps; leadership of all new product development projects; investigate, analyze new technology opportunities in collaboration with our corporate R&D team; overall leadership for all sustaining activities including product quality improvements and warranty reduction; product cost reductions and production support; strategic and tactical leadership for our engineering lab facilities and equipment.
- Bachelors Degree, Engineering. MBA or Master is highly desirable
- 5+ years’ experience Director of Engineering within a manufacturing organization.
- Experience directing and leading individuals and teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and experience – ability to quickly analyze detailed product designs and issues, and provide technical input and guidance.
- Results driven engineering leader with demonstrated ability to drive positive change within a team and organization
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Strong business acumen and influencing skills.
- Experience working in a matrix organizational structure. Ability to work cross-functional and globally.
- Six Sigma certification highly desired
- Up to 25% travel required
- Manages all strategic and tactical activities for our engineering teams.
- Provide product and technical leadership in the develop of our overall product line strategy and product line roadmaps. This will include the analysis of new technology opportunities in collaboration with our corporate R&D team for incorporation into the product roadmap.
- Drive daily execution for all product line engineering initiatives to meet our monthly, quarterly and yearly business metrics and objectives. This will include direct involvement and leadership for critical business projects and resolution of key customer issues.
- Develop and manage detailed resource plans to maximize the effectiveness of our engineering team.
- Analyze, develop and hire high-performance engineering team including improvement of critical functional and leadership skills within our engineering team.
- Develop and execute global strategy to drive improved product quality, reduce warranty costs and improve customer satisfaction.
- Identify, develop and improve core engineering systems and processes in alignment with our corporate engineering functional and innovation teams.
- Develop and manage cost center budgets.