Our client is one of North America’s leading Integrated Oil Companies. They have an immediate need for a Document Control Analyst to join their team for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity. This role is located in their head office in downtown Calgary.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The main function of the Document Control Analyst is to provide documentation support to the team. The individual will be reporting to the Manager, Project Services. Providing technical and functional documentation expertise. This role will require you to interact with a broad range of employees and contractors both at a worker level as well as at the supervisory and management levels. Also, this role needs commitment, willingness to demonstrate or train individuals as part of services.
- Maintain control procedures, engineering and technical documents/drawings, to received and issued
- Ensure title blocks/templates are correctly updated and document numbers are assigned.
- Perform quality check of technical documentation with regard to numbering readability of file formats, verification/revision identification etc.
- Ensure effective and traceable flow of technical documentation between the different parties within vendors and project
- Perform other document related as agreed upon with document managers/coordinators
- Transmit drawings/document to the third party according to engineer(s) request
- Able to work with dwgs, tiff combination drawings
- Solid technical knowledge in understanding and applying document/records management principles, concepts, tools and technology
- Knowledgeable understanding of petroleum/oil & gas industry. Engineering disciplines, terminology/industry accepted file types (dwg, tif & others)
- Experience using a document management system such as HDMS (Livelink), Coreworx, SharePoint/ftp/portal
- Related diploma, equivalent combination of education/training and experience
- Minimum 2-4 years
- Directly related experience in a document control/management environment.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.