Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Drafting Technologist Piping Designer to join their team. This contract position is based out of Edmonton.
The primary focus of this role is to support the client’s Liquid Pipelines (LP) SCADA Replacement Program and stakeholders with regards to engineering drawing standards, equipment identification standards and drafting services. Additionally, this role is accountable to tailor existing drawings to meet the specific needs for a SCADA System Human Machine Interface.
At a high level, you are developing displays for facilities in this role. The displays have piping’s, valves, and other related equipment remotely controlled in piping facilities. Your job will be to take process flow diagrams and clean them up to develop the displays, while optimizing the process flow diagrams. You will have to directly translate from the process diagrams to what is being displayed in the control systems. Additionally, you will help move towards connectivity and 3D models.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize industry best practices and establish standards to ensure drawing creation or edits adhere to corporate drawing standards and professional requirements.
- Action drawing updates that meet requirements established by the client’s SCADA Replacement Program.
- Create up to date and trustworthy drawings on an as needed basis.
- The role impacts numerous internal and external stakeholders including project teams, engineering services providers and drafting service providers as well as engineering, operations and maintenance teams throughout Liquid Pipelines and as such has significant corporate financial impact.
- The role is instrumental in bolstering safe decision-making; by ensuring drawing updates accurately represent field installed assets and conditions.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 – 10 years of experience including a minimum of 3 years drafting experience.
- A solid understanding of piping and mechanical diagrams.
- Experience with Autocad for 2D drawing optimization, Visio, and exporting to different formats.
- Experience with AVIVA 3D.
- Ability to suggest new ways of doing process flow diagrams.
- Experience with 3D modelling considered to be an asset.
- Team oriented – good energy and ability to work with different people.
- Innovative and collaborative.
- Experience with OASYS HMI platform is a nice to have.
- Requires strong customer service focus and ability to maintain effective working relationships with broad base of engineering drawing users and editors.
- Requires the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing typically to collect and relay technical facts and analysis of business implications.
- Gains familiarity with current techniques and developments to improve technical skills and implement during day-to-day activities.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.