At BWXT NEC, you will work on technically challenging projects as a member of the Electrical and Control Engineering team in support of on-power refueling systems for CANDU reactors. You will participate in the development and drafting of designs for automated and semi-automated equipment. We are looking for individuals who are interested in a permanent position.
- Develop concept designs into detail drawings & bills of materials for equipment, sub-assemblies or products using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, and Inventor.
- Work in a multi-disciplined engineering environment with teams of professional engineers and technologists.
- Produce and update general assembly drawings, interconnection block diagrams, functional block diagrams, cable assembly drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring lists, and bills of material.
- Selection of instrumentation, control, and power components based on Engineering requirements.
- Participate in design reviews and occasional customer review meetings, providing resource information and design input.
- Liaise with customer design and operations personnel to gather site-specific design information.
- Assist others on specific projects.
- Occasional travel to customer site locations within Ontario.
- 5 years or more electrical and controls design drafting experience.
- AutoCAD experience required, AutoCAD Electrical and Inventor experience an asset.
- Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills, and work effectively with others.
- Possess working knowledge of fundamental drafting technique.
- Must be able to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- Electrical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, or Electronics Engineering Technology diploma and strong academic achievement.
- Competence in control system design and design processes.
- Creative problem-solving skills, outstanding analytical abilities, demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work in a team.
- 3D parametric modeling experience an asset.
- Most importantly…. creative and innovative thinkers!
? Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) or greater qualification.
? Membership in OACETT or other certifying organization.
? Experience with AutoCAD Electrical.