Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Electrical Designer to support the team.
Duration: 8 months
Location: Ottawa, Ontario K2G 6P9
What we are looking for:
- The client is looking for a resource with 5 years of electrical experience. They will work with Solidworks Electrical, but it's not required to have, any CAD tool will do.
- Candidate needs to have strong cable management & manufacturing, interconnection, as well as design process ownership.
- They will be cabling & wiring for naval ships components to talk to each other, so electronic background is better suited.
- Someone from aerospace or naval manufacturing will be good.
Duties: The Actual Job Tile is Electrical Designer
- The Electrical Designer is responsible for electrical and electronic system integration and design of ship communications, navigation and scientific systems through the creation of block diagrams, cable drawings, schematics and data packages to support production.
- Design and draft electrical and electronic systems using CAD tools (experience with Solidwork Electrical, Solidworks Mechanical and AutoCad is desirable);
- Systems integration experience with COTS communications and network equipment is highly desirable;
- Cable management and manufacturing experience is desirable;
- The Electrical Designer is responsible for the electrical design process and defining the electrical drawing workflow, understanding project needs and coordinating resources;
- Ensure drawings are produced in accordance with applicable drafting codes and standards;
- Translate engineering sketches and mark-ups into properly documented drawings;
- Complete electrical block diagrams, schematics, cable assemblies, etc, compliant with task technical requirements;
- Select and supervise subcontractors for the manufacture of electrical assemblies;
- When required, issue RFP’s and review responses for compliance to technical requirements;
- When required, create Technical Product Specifications to describe selected systems;
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of electrical/electronic systems;
- Work with manufacturing partners to introduce designs into production and solve related manufacturing issues;
- Diagnose problems with existing designs, propose and test design modifications;
- Assist the Lead Engineer and/or Project Manager during design reviews;
- Maintain currency of Electrical/Electronic design best practices, methodologies, initiatives;
- Demonstrated experience using a PLM tool during the design and Change Management process is desired;
- Familiarity with International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) design standards applicable to marine applications would be an asset;
- Assist with technical proposals as required;
- High level oral and written communication skills required for report writing and design justification documentation.
- 5+ yrs of experience in electrical design and drawing creation;
- 3D CAD tools (Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.) Solidworks (Electrical) or equivalent (desired)
- Education: Electrical Engineering Degree from an accredited Canadian University (or equivalent with experience) or Electronic Technologist.
- CET or P.Eng. (desirable)
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.