Our client is one of North America’s leading Integrated Oil Companies. They have an immediate need for an Electrical Engineer, in Production Operations to join their Onshore team for a ten (10) month contract opportunity in their St. John’s, Newfoundland office. As part of the Production Operations Department, the Engineering Team provides technical leadership, discipline engineering and asset integrity support Operations on the SeaRose FPSO.
The Electrical Engineer will provide technical support to new capital projects and day-to-day Operations. Operations technical support will include providing assistance to maintenance personnel for electrical troubleshooting and failure analysis, and disposition of Management of Change (MOC) requests. You may also manage selected small projects consisting of primarily electrical work, including design and construction management and will be responsible for overall safe and effective use of electrical energy on the installation.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing day-to-day technical assistance to offshore operations groups. This includes preventative maintenance procedures, troubleshooting, problem analysis and technology evaluations;
- Identifying facility optimization and operating cost reduction opportunities;
- Developing district electrical standards and guidelines in compliance with corporate policy;
- Providing guidance and direction to EPC contractors;
- Performing technical reviews of engineering designs produced;
- Providing detail engineering design for selected small projects which are primarily electrical in scope;
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of corporate programs such as technical specifications and electrical safety program.
Medical (Physical) Requirements/Standards
- Travel offshore will be required periodically: therefore, must successfully complete the medical assessment and required training for clearance to work in that environment.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Member in good standing or eligible for Professional Engineer status with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
- Minimum of five (5) years electrical related experience within the oil and gas or heavy oil industry.
- Completion of Explosion Protection Equipment Training.
- Knowledge of CNLOPB, DNV and Transport Canada regulations and standards.
- Knowledge and experience with various marine telecommunications system.
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in detailed design and analysis in low and medium voltage distribution systems, motors, UPSs, Electric Heat Trace.
- Knowledge of electrical standards relevant to the oil and gas industry, including NEMA, IEEE, API, CSA.
- Proven skills in effectively managing multiple tasks, often under pressure and within time constraints.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment that includes working with people from various disciplines. Also, work in partnership with others outside of the formal organization (e.g. service providers, vendors, contractors), to achieve goals, and identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups.
- Exceptional analytical skills to identify key issues based on relevant data and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations.
- Problem-solving orientation to identify key issues and recommend appropriate solutions in a proactive manner.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to set and exceed established goals, schedules, and deadlines.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.