Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility companies in Michigan? Assisting them in serving 6.7 million of the state’s 10 million residents? They are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer IV to support their facility in Jackson, Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Electrical Engineer IV
Location: Jackson, MI
Duration: Until November 2019 (possible extension)
- Project engineering and design for site electrical power, lighting, pressure and temperature instruments, HVAC, electrical valve actuators and SCADA equipment.
- The engineer frequently coordinates with other internal departments including; Operations, Supply Chain, Project Management, Project Controls, Customer Account Managers, Customer Deliverability, Meter Technology Center, Warehousing, Gas Control and many others.
- Coordination and communication with multiple internal and external groups and / or service providers is necessary, examples of this work may include replacement of a specific component at a regulator station or City Gate or may be as complex as a rebuild of an entire regulation facility.
- Electrical System Design/Installation for Hazardous Locations/Oil and Gas Facilities in compliance with the National Electrical Code/NFPA 70
- Design/interpretation of AC and DC electrical Schematics
- Digital pressure and temperature instrumentation specification and application
- Analog/4-20mA signals
- SCADA/PLC equipment design and applications
- Solid state and electrometrical relays for control applications
- Design/troubleshooting MODBUS serial communication networks
- Electrical valve actuators and solenoid valves
- Electrical Construction practices
- Preparation of bid packages/request for proposal (RFP) documentation and evaluation of construction contractor proposals.
- Must be able to use competent and professional written and verbal communication with project stakeholders including mechanical engineering, information technology, project and construction managers, and construction contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program is preferred.
- Alternative degrees (e.g. Mechanical, Chemical, etc.) will be considered with relevant experience.
- Professional Engineer license is desirable.
- Knowledge of the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is desirable