This position is responsible for the owners overview of the electrical and instrument systems to ensure the correct systems are designed and specified during engineering, installed during construction and used and maintained during operation.
General Accountability & Objectives: Reporting to the VP Projects / VP Technology and Engineering, the Electrical Engineer will responsible, for the following tasks (and others as applicable):
- Support Western Potash HSSE policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance to all company policies, procedures and guidelines, including all purchasing policies and procedures.
- Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical and instrument systems, equipment, facilities and components
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Direct and coordinate, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and WPC requirements
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and check electrical loads, systems, controls and operations.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Review, and when required Prepare specifications for purchase of electrical and instrument and equipment.
- Prepare and review technical drawings, specifications of electrical and instrument systems, and general arrangement drawings to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and WPC requirements.
- Act as liaison between WPC and SaskPower and any sub-vendors as required
- Prepare regular update reports and presentations to management, and participate in vendor / engineering / team and management meetings.
- Work closely with other firms, suppliers, consultants and other areas in the company in order to deliver the best engineering, schedule and cost outcomes.
- BSc in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) is required.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Potash Experience is strongly preferred.
- On site field experience with construction, commissioning and maintenance is preferable.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Able to travel both within Canada and internationally as required.