Our client is one of North America’s leading Energy Companies. They have an immediate need for an Electrical Engineering Lead to join their team for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity. This role will be located in their downtown Calgary head office location.
The Electrical Engineering Lead is responsible for design oversight of all equipment and systems required by the project(s) they are assigned to. The Engineering Lead will work closely with the Facilities Project Engineering team. The Engineering Lead will also be called upon to provide Electrical SME support as needed depending on project workloads. Familiarity with instrumentation and controls would be an asset but not a requirement.
- Collaborate with functional groups and stakeholders to define project scopes, budgets and schedules
- Contract management of Engineering Service Providers (ESPs); development of engineering Scopes of Work (SOW), review of engineering proposals and preparation of award recommendations, Earned Value Management (EVM) based on established Rules of Credit (ROC) and change management as required
- Coordinate and provide leadership to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) allocated to the project team to complete technical activities as required
- Monitors discipline specific deliverable quality and schedule
- Participate in project design including the review of engineering deliverables and attendance in design review meetings; HAZID, HAZOP and 3D Model Reviews
- Coordinate and support project contracts and procurement; assist in the development of the project procurement plan, preparation or review of RFQs, review of vendor/contractor proposals, prepare or review technical and commercial evaluations, prepare award recommendations and vendor/contractor management
- Collaborate with and support operations and construction to resolve operability and constructability issues during project planning and execution phases
- Collaborate with operations to coordinate outage and tie-in planning activities including the Management of Change (MOC) procedure
- Collaborate with Environmental, Lands, Legal and Regulatory to ensure required project permitting and filings are completed
- The Engineering Lead IV would work closely with the Facilities Project Engineering team.
- Office Environment
- Limited Travel (10-15% of time)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- University degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university (or demonstrated equivalent, (i.e. P.L.Eng.)
- Registered or eligible for immediate registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta and/or British Colombia (or Licensee)
- 10+ years engineering experience
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of regulatory governances (federal and provincial), codes and standards (CSA, IEEE, API, US codes an asset but not necessary)
- Experience in dealing with industrial electrical distribution for medium voltage and low voltage systems
- Experience with selection and sizing of primary and back up electrical power generation systems and associated controls
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for nontechnical audience
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheets and word processing
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- A demonstration of effective troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with multi-discipline project teams
- Experience working in an oversight and team lead role
- Good leadership and team building skills utilizing collaborative method
Experience working with:
- Industrial and Aeroderivative Gas Turbines
- Compressor Station Design and Layout
- Packaged Equipment
- Brown Field Expansion, Debottlenecking and Upgrading
- Balance of Owner & EPC experience
- Mid-stream and Gas Transmission Experience
- Experience with and an understanding of industrial control systems including PLCs, SCADA systems, DCS and RTUs.
- Instrumentation familiarity would ideal
- Experience with electrical system analysis and studies including short circuit, load flow, motor starting and arc flash.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.