Our mining client is looking for an Electrical Field Superintendent to ensure contractors are working in a safe manner abiding by all safety program requirements in conjunction with other members of the Construction Management Team (CMT).
Located in Cigar Lake Saskatchewan, you will be responsible for the oversight of contractors to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and all site-specific requirements for execution of construction work.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Checking and verifying electrical installations are as per the engineering drawings.
- Monitoring contractor’s schedule and productivity rates.
- General oversight of the contractor to confirm compliance with good industry practice.
- Coordinate field activities between the contractor and the client’s operations team as required.
- Oversight of contractors to ensure they are following a sound workforce planning process and are executing well-planned and organized work.
- Work with the rest of the CMT to hold contractors accountable to budget and schedule expectations including review and approval of contractor daily labour, equipment and material reports; attend daily progress meetings and provide reports to the Construction Manager as required.
- Conduct inspections and sign-off on work completed by contractors as having met quality and scope requirements.
- Coordinate construction activities between contractors and operations personnel as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience, including experience specifically as an electrical field superintendent.
- Previous experience in brown field construction execution required.
- Experience working in an underground mining environment is preferred.
- Moderate computer skills required, specifically MS Office.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.