We have an immediate opening for an Automation Engineer on a 12 month assignment extension beyond, in Hillsboro, OR, USA.
- Linux OS proficiency
- Proficiency in Python or similar scripting language
- Proficiency in fundamental Networking skills (TCP/IP/UDP/Ethernet/switches/network performance tools)
- Software Driver/Kernel Validation experience
- Debugging skills in Linux
- Function as part of a team to automate network drivers test procedures on various OSs and hardware.
- Automate manual test procedures and enhance existing automation frameworks
- Execute automated test cases using validation tools and automated environment.
- Perform triage of automation failures to determine if failures are automation vs product related
- Resolve automation defects and enhance automation stability and reliability.
- Manage automation test development and Test Execution servers, install and configure new nodes and guest OSes.
- Strong development and scripting skills: python, bash, shell.
- Experience developing SW in continuous integration and TDD models
- Hands-on experience with networking, virtualized network environments and with network traffic encryption
- Experience in network interfaces testing using tools such as ethtool, wireshark, netperf, iperf, ntttcp, etc.
- Experience in writing documentation, creating bug reports and working with bug tracking systems.
- Knowledge working with different server hardware (i.e. HP, Dell, Supermicro, etc.).
- Minimum Educational Requirement: BS in CS or Computer Engineering
CISCO or other networking certification / courses are desired (but not mandatory).
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.