Our large Client (a Fortune 500 company) is an electric power provider and natural gas distribution operation, employing more than 8,500 personnel.
We are looking for an Electrical Designer to join their team on a permanent basis!
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Under indirect and intermittent supervision, to do all levels of drafting work on which the general design has been established, on construction and rehabilitation projects on transmission substations, service buildings and other Company transmission properties; and to do related work as required.
- In the connection to perform details of work, such as:
- Prepare finished drawings from preliminary designs, diagrams, layouts, sketches, notes, specifications, or verbal instructions.
- Make study drawings, modify wiring drawings and assist with other electrical drawings in the development of a construction project.
- Make simple calculations or use tables or determine wire sizes, conduit sizes, etc.
- Make wiring diagrams from schematics.
- Prepare schedules, bills of materials, etc.
- Occasionally, check drawings of other Electrical Designer I or CAD Technicians.
- Assist in department training program as a mentor, trainer or other assigned by supervision.
- Occasionally, obtain detailed information in the field, usually accompanied by a Supervisor, Electrical Designer II or others.
- Maintain and update information in the electronic drawing management system.
- Quality and accuracy in updating and maintaining CAD drawings and to standards of the work he/she checks for care to prevent errors in field measurements taken by him/her.
- 3 – 5 years of experience.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Two years as a CAD Technician or three years outside the Company in CAD related work.
- Satisfactory completion of an Associate’s Degree in design drafting, computer aided drafting or other drafting technology at an accredited university, college or junior college.