Engineering Supervisor for a team of approximately 6-10 Design Engineers (employees & contractors) of varying disciplines (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, I&C), working within the nuclear power industry.
Plan, assign and oversee Engineering activities within the Engineering Team. Monitor assigned activities for effective performance and adherence to established policies, objectives and customer standards (quality, duration, effort).
In-Process activities (prepare/review/verify/approve) for Engineering deliverables.
Work interactively with customers (both internal and external to the company) to develop strong relationships and ensure production of high quality engineering products and high customer satisfaction.
Ensure adherence to government, organization and customer engineering standards and procedures. Ensure adherence to the organization’s nuclear quality program.
Monitor Engineering training qualifications for adherence. Provide input for revisions and improvements to the Engineering training program.
Monitor goals, objectives and standards of performance for assigned team members. Complete yearly performance and development appraisals for employees. Periodic review of with employees as warranted.
Contribute to the company’s corrective action program (identifying and evaluating issues, performing & assigning actions, verifying action completions).
Monitoring and reporting on various subjects related to the Engineering team (safety, quality, training, non-conformances, schedule adherence, etc).
Participation in Engineering department and section meetings.
Coaching and mentoring at both an individual and team level.
Support preparation of proposals for new work opportunities.
Other related duties and tasks as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering and minimum 7 years of engineering experience.
- Current Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario (PEng, PEO)
- Advanced knowledge of engineering codes and standards related to the Canadian Nuclear Industry.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to manage multiple tasks and projects through subordinates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability and problem identification/problem resolution skills.
- Electrical, Instrumentation And Control (E,I&C) Background.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the Engineering Change Control process of Ontario Power Generation and/or Bruce Power
- 10+ years CANDU engineering and/or design experience