Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a reputed oil and gas company? Then you’d love to chat with us about your next rewarding and challenging assignment as an Engineering Project Manager. This is a great opportunity for anyone with a strong background in natural gas processing and transmission industry including, project development, project management, engineering design, construction management, project cost management (budgeting & forecasting)
The Project Manager is a key member of Western Canadian Transmission Operations Projects’ team of our client, providing overall project management of assigned Maintenance Capital and select Operating and Maintenance (O&M) projects within Western Canadian Transmission facilities.
- Support field operations to manage risk through the provision of maintenance capital project management services.
- Responsible for the management of projects from concept to completion, including initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing out of the project.
- Accountable for overall project cost, time schedule, quality metrics, and performance objectives of assigned projects.
- Ensure that reliability, safety and environmental targets are achieved for maintenance capital projects. Ensure that project regulatory compliance is maintained
- Foster win-win relationships with management, operations personnel, project team members and stakeholders.
- Manage external engineering and other resources required to execute projects.
- Provide project management leadership to the organization through the utilization of Project Management Processes and Programs.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or comparable University Degree, or Diploma of Technology combined with applicable experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with APEGBC for those having University Degree.
- 9 years of engineering experience from the graduation level, or equivalent.
- 7 years of project related experience in the energy (oil and gas) industry.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 15 years of experience in the natural gas processing and transmission industry including, project development, project management, engineering design, construction management, project cost management (budgeting & forecasting); and/or operations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Strong knowledge in instrumentation and controls.
- Knowledge of processing facilities, transmission pipelines, policies, objectives and legal/regulatory framework.
- Strong communication – written and verbal, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Microsoft Project
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of multi-disciplines, and a good understanding of stakeholder process.
Preference will be given to those with strong engineering knowledge and project management experience and training as well as industry experience in natural gas processing and pipelines. Consideration will be given to experience in other industries.
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.