The Enterprise Architect will report to the Director of Innovation and Technology Solutions and act as the primary architecture guide and coach. The Enterprise Architect will lead and consult across multiple architectural engagements and will provide expert advice and guidance in the development of strategic directions for architecture, policies, principles and best practices. This role will also develop and present architectural viewpoints, frameworks, models and designs to map out and/or evolve components of the Client’s existing systems. The Enterprise Architect will build and nurture strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to understand enterprise wide business IT goals, objectives and strategies.
- Ownership of the Clients’ Enterprise Architecture and standards in alignment with the corporate IT vision and direction.
- Collaborate with architecture community and key SME’s to align the technology roadmap with enterprise technology strategies.
- Deliver architectural alternatives, recommendation and architecture blueprint documents to the Director of Innovation and Technology Solutions for review/approval.
- Architectural blueprints will primarily focus on the software solution and development standards for the organization. Familiarity and comprehension of the corresponding impact in IT infrastructure fundamentals (network technologies/protocols, security, cloud, servers, virtualization, storage, application virtualization, scripting and IT automation) will assist in the complete blueprint topology being proposed.
- Provide consulting and expert advice regarding strategic directions for IT architecture, standards, principles, best practices.
- Develops and participates in the architecture governance process to ensure compliance across all relevant solution architecture domains as well as traceability of business objectives.
- Conduct architecture reviews, code-reviews, determine impacts of change and ensure solutions are aligned with corporate/business strategies, outcomes, architectural principles and standards.
- Identify implementation risks and analysis of potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives.
- Keep abreast of industry (technical, business-related and market) trends and internal strategies and directions through publications, research papers, personal networks and vendors to identify opportunities and impact for the Client.
- Periodically assess current architecture for components at risk of obsolescence and identify opportunities for investment/remediation or replacement.
- Develop architecture models and plan to drive forward the strategy, taking advantage of opportunities and leveraging technology to improve business performance.
Education / Experience / Skills:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology required.
- 5+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in enterprise software development as a software architect. Advanced knowledge, experience, and understanding of architecture, application development, application systems design, and integration.
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Extensive solution development experience, with expertise in Visual Basic, C# 3.5, Xamarin Forms, Vue.js, Desktop Development (Client Server), N-Tier Development, Microservices, WCF, SQL Server
- Extensive comprehension and hands on experience with architectural frameworks, design approaches and development methodologies (.NET, SQL/BI stack, REST/API, Microservices, SOA, EF, ASP.NET, MVC, HTML5, etc…) as well as a strong track record in creating and maintaining platform business and technology roadmaps.
- Experience with both non-Agile and Agile processes.
- Experience in constructing architectural runways.
- A great sense of passion towards innovation, continuous improvement, growth and change management.
- A high sense of ownership and accountability as well as immense pride in your work.
- A strong ability to think at strategic and tactical levels as well as sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently with minimal guidance.
- Critical thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an ability to convey concise and complex information to all levels of the organization.
Nice to Have:
- Financial, Mortgage/Credit or Insurance industry experience
- Familiarity in Cloud, Services and DevOps.
- Familiarity with MS Dynamics CRM, SAP, Enterprise Content Management, Machine Learning/AI, CI/CD.
- TOGAF, Zachman, FEA or other architecture certification an asset.
- Agile certification.
- Prior experience with at least one major IaaS and/or PaaS technology.
About the Ian Martin Group
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.