Our client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire an Enterprise Integration Architect to support the technical teams and business clients throughout the enterprise by conducting in-depth analysis, summary, and recommendations for a 6-month role (possible to extend for another 12 months).
Knowledge & Skills
Candidate must have a solid understanding of enterprise application integration strategies, patterns, date integration requirements, APIs, microservices, event driven architectures.
Candidate should also have a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into account operational cost, security, performance engineering, application development and systems management.
Candidate must be able to ensure alignment of initiatives with corporate business and IT strategies and the delivery of high quality and coherent solution architectures as well as future state architecture.
The candidate must be able to articulate the holistic view of the WSIB enterprise that enables ease of use to customers, cost efficiencies, simplified architectures that promote improved agility for business partners.
The candidate must have the ability to present complex and technical ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively and in a user-friendly manner to non-technical audiences and maintain a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients.
- 10+ years progressively senior experience in Information Technology with solid background in integration architecture, planning, design, and development
- 8+ years of experience in integration architecture/solution design experience, ideally within a Ontario Public Service or agency environment
- Experience in architecting in an agile and/or Dev/Ops environments or knowledge of methodologies
- Strong understanding and knowledge of various Enterprise Architecture methodologies (e.g., Zachman,
- TOGAF) and ability to adapt and develop hybrid applications of methodologies to meet WSIB’s needs
- Experience with middleware and gateways and in structured methodologies for the construction and integration of applications; knowledge of performance considerations in different environments
- Experience and knowledge of different integration types including SOA, APIs, web services and RESTful services, real time and batch based, hub and spoke; experience in enterprise service bus implementations
- Experience leading integration projects, with deployment of significant application and integration architecture
- Knowledge of technology developments, trends and new products to evaluate opportunities against enterprise and client short and long term technology requirements
- Knowledge and expertise in the principles, practices and latest concepts in Enterprise Architecture, Project
- Management methodologies and Software Development life cycles, with the ability to promote a coherent, corporate approach to enterprise architecture
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written) to explain technical concepts to non-technical people including senior business and I&IT leadership; ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively and in a user-friendly manner; maintain a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients
- Strong written communication techniques to prepare reports, reviews, briefing materials and correspondence
- Leadership, problem solving, interpersonal skills to lead the analysis, and construction of security architecture initiatives
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions; high initiative and ability to prioritize in a high-pressure environment and ability to work on simultaneous projects.
- Builds enterprise application integration reference architectures and integration related patterns and standards to be used by solution/integration designers for both project and operational work
- Builds and maintains WSIB-wide integration architecture designs and standards in alignment with the corporate technological vision and direction
- Identifies, constructs enterprise wide integration architecture artefacts and roadmaps that meet the evolving business, customer service, operational, applications, risk and compliance requirements
- Builds and documents scalable multi-use policies and standards that are compliant with the enterprise architecture and design documentation to be referenced by application, solution and integration specialists
- Defines, evaluates, and assesses integration architecture requirements for systems environments and IT projects; ensures the incorporation of integration requirements in the design and development of IT solutions
- Delivers architectural alternatives, recommendation documents and architecture blueprint documents to senior management and stakeholders for approval
- Defines the structure and relationship amongst applications, including the identification of re-usable components, the organization and layering of software, and the determination of interfaces.
- Undertakes the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on application and integration architectures
- Collaborates with all relevant internal and external stakeholders in order to review the objectives and constraints of I&IT solutions and determine conformance with current enterprise architecture standards, policies and technology roadmaps
- Maintains close working relationships with executive and business management to understand enterprise wide business and I&IT goals, objectives and strategies
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”