Our client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire an Enterprise Security Architect to support the technical teams and business clients throughout the enterprise by conducting in-depth analysis, summary, and recommendations for a 6-month role (possible to extend for another 12 months).
Knowledge & Skills:
Candidate must have a solid understanding of enterprise IT security architectures, standards, controls, protocols, cyber security threats. The Candidate must be able to identify and analyze security factors, risks, vulnerabilities in the context of appropriate industry and international security standards. Candidate must be able to ensure alignment of initiatives with corporate business and IT strategies and the delivery of high quality and coherent solution architectures as well as future state architecture. The candidate must be able to articulate the holistic view of the WSIB enterprise that enables ease of use to customers, cost efficiencies, simplified architectures that promote improved agility for business partners. The Candidate must have the ability to present complex and technical ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively and in a user-friendly manner to non-technical audiences and maintain a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients. The candidate must have the ability to present complex and technical ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively and in a user-friendly manner to non-technical audiences and maintain a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients.
- 10+ years progressively senior experience in information technology with solid background in security architecture, planning, design, and development
- 8+ years of experience in enterprise wide security architecture experience, ideally within an Ontario Public Service or agency environment
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) an asset
- Strong understanding and knowledge of various enterprise architecture methodologies (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, SABA) and ability to adapt and develop hybrid applications of methodologies to meet WSIB’s needs
- Knowledge and expertise in the principles, practices and latest concepts in Enterprise Architecture, Project
- Management methodologies and Software Development life cycles, with the ability to promote a coherent, corporate approach to enterprise architecture
- Knowledge of techniques to secure information assets and the building and constructing and implementation of security technologies.
- Knowledge of techniques to discover gaps or weaknesses in solution architectures to identify and mitigate known security threats or inherent weaknesses
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and corporate directives related to the security and confidentiality of information (e.g. Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act) in order to identify and assess areas of concern and risk.
- Solid knowledge of current security and contingency technology and techniques (e.g. digital signature, encryption, access controls, fire-walls, authentication, virus protection, etc.); and a proven working knowledge of security audit procedures and protocols
- Experience in threat and risk assessment methods
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written) to explain technical concepts to non-technical people including senior business and I&IT leadership; ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively and in a user-friendly manner; maintain a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients
- Strong written communication techniques to prepare reports, reviews, briefing materials and correspondence Leadership, problem solving, interpersonal skills to lead the analysis, design, and development of security architecture initiatives Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions; high initiative and ability to prioritize in a high-pressure environment and ability to work on simultaneous projects
- Advises on the identification, analysis, and resolution of specific security factors, risks, vulnerabilities; protection of personal privacy issues; and appropriate industry and international security standards
- Builds and maintains WSIB-wide security architecture designs and standards in alignment with the corporate technological vision and direction
- Identifies and builds enterprise wide security architecture artefacts and roadmaps that meet the evolving business, customer service, operational, applications, risk and compliance requirements
- Builds and documents scalable multi-use policies and standards that are compliant with the enterprise architecture and design documentation to be referenced by security and infrastructure specialists
- Subject Matter Expert in security architecture, building and maintaining enterprise and solutions security architecture
- Delivers architectural alternatives, recommendation documents and architecture blueprint documents to senior management and stakeholders for approval
- Provides advice to clients regarding security technologies, technology risk assessments, and project issues
- Defines, evaluates, and assesses security architecture requirements for systems environments and IT projects;ensures the incorporation of IT security and contingency measures in the design and development of IT solutions
- Undertakes analyses of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on security architectures.
- Collaborates with all relevant internal and external stakeholders in order to review the objectives and constraints of I&IT solutions and determine conformance with current enterprise architecture standards, policies and technology roadmap.
- Maintains close working relationships with executive and business management to understand enterprise widebusiness and I&IT goals, objectives and strategies.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”