Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Enterprise Technology Architect for a 12+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As an Enterprise Technology Architect, the candidate is responsible to develop / refresh the IT strategies based on the IT framework and standards, obtain approvals of technology architecture reference models and technology roadmaps through the governance processes.
* Knowledge & Skills
- University Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- 10 – 12 years’ progressively senior experience in Information Technology with solid background in technology and/or infrastructure architecture planning, design, development and implementation
- 2 – 3 years’ of experience with cloud computing or experience with traditional enterprise data center technologies
- A minimum 8 years of technology and/or infrastructure architecture/solution design experience, ideally within the public sector environment
- Demonstrated experience building out technology reference models, technology related strategies including cloud strategies, target state and/or reference architectures, technology roadmaps and IT standards and polices
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform; professional certifications in cloud technologies considered an asset
- Proficiency in all cloud service models: SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Familiarity with virtual networking, storage, firewalls, virtual servers and tiered application environments
- Well versed in agile development, DevOps methodologies, automation practices and microservices architecture
- Strong understanding and knowledge of various Enterprise Architecture methodologies (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, FEA) and ability to adapt and develop hybrid applications of methodologies to meet the organization’s needs
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written) to explain technical concepts to non-technical people including senior business and I&IT leadership
- Strong written communication skills to prepare documentation, including but not limited to, reports, reviews, assessments and position papers; presentation skills to present information and findings, options and recommendations to senior officials and managers; ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively and in a user-friendly manner; maintain a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions; high initiative and ability to prioritize in a high-pressure environment and ability to work on simultaneous projects
- Ability to plan, set priorities, schedule and manage enterprise architecture projects as well as personal and team deliverables; strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
- Utilizes relevant technology roadmaps, reference architectures and technology/infrastructure related policies and standards to be used by solution designers/infrastructure specialists for both project and operational work
- Maintains organization-wide technology/infrastructure architecture designs and standards in alignment with the corporate technological vision and direction
- Identifies, designs and develops enterprise wide technology/infrastructure architecture artefacts that meet the evolving business, customer service, operational, applications, risk and compliance requirements
- Subject Matter Expert in technology/infrastructure architecture, developing and maintaining enterprise technology/infrastructure architecture with an expertise in cloud computing services
- Enables reuses patterns in the technology/infrastructure architecture and develops scalable multi-use architecture
- Documents scalable multi-use policies and standards that are compliant with the enterprise architecture and design documentation to be referenced by technology/infrastructure specialists cloud computing related IT policies and standards
- Providing architectural support and guidance for new applications and applications that require migration/transition to the cloud
- Identifies implementation risks and analyses of potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives
- Analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on technology/infrastructure architectures
- Provides expert technical leadership in the development of organization-wide strategic directions for I&IT architecture, standards, principles, best practices
- Serving as a trusted advisor to key business and technology partners as it pertains to the organizations cloud strategies
- Delivers architectural alternatives, recommendation documents and architecture blueprint documents to senior management and stakeholders for approval
- Provides advice to clients regarding technology/infrastructure technologies, technology risk assessments, and project issues
- Educate IT management, business users, architecture peers, and technology specialists on technology/infrastructure architecture and technology trends including conducting information and learning sessions to promote the enterprise Technology Architecture Reference Model and Cloud Computing Reference Architecture and roadmap.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”