Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility companies in Michigan? Assisting them in serving 6.7 million of the state’s 10 million residents? They are currently looking for an EPC Cost Estimator II to support their facility in Jackson, Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: EPC Cost Estimator II
Location: Jackson, MI
Duration: Part-time – Until December 2019 (possible extension and FT hours)
- Prepare complete estimates for assigned project(s) of medium size and complexity and many types of contracts, either directly or through subordinate personnel.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within area of responsibility. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Typical duties include:
- Develop pricing utilizing industry standard guidelines and estimating guides.
- Prepare quantity takeoff and daily utilization of software tools.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
- Utilization of the Cost Estimating software with mentoring from Sr. Estimator(s).
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimates figures and provide assistance to Sr Estimator to incorporate into cost database.
- Interface with owner, A/E, and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Estimates should be broken into WBS structure by material, Labor and Equipment.
- Utilize estimating standards for mark-up, contingency and other percentages of construction.
- Knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems is essential.
- Disciplines of Estimating required: Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, I&C, Pipeline, Storage, M&R
- Minimum, 1-2 years of construction cost estimating working experience.
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- Less than acceptable with relevant experience in estimating.