Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility company in Michigan? They are currently looking for an EPC Cost Estimator to support their facility in Jackson Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: EPC Cost Estimator
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Duration: Until Dec 2019 (possible extension)
- Prepare complete estimates for assigned project(s) of medium size and complexity and many types of contracts, either directly or through subordinate personnel.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Typical duties include:
- Develop pricing utilizing industry standard guidelines and estimating guides.
- Prepare quantity takeoff and daily utilization of software tools.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
- Utilization of the Cost Estimating software with mentoring from Sr. Estimator(s).
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimates figures and provide assistance to Sr Estimator to incorporate into cost database.
- Interface with owner, A/E, and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Estimates should be broken into WBS structure by material, Labor and Equipment.
- Utilize estimating standards for mark-up, contingency and other percentages of construction.
Familiar with WinEst is preferable but not necessary. Construction management strongly preferred.
The skills that the construction coordinator will bring to the project will include:
- Scheduling & Planning
- Networking & Team Building
- Computer/Software Skills
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Conflict Management
- Record Keeping & Reporting
- Negotiation Skills
- Knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems is essential.
- Disciplines of Estimating required: Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, I&C, Pipeline, Storage, M&R
- Minimum, 1-2 years of construction cost estimating working experience.
- Soft skills are most important. They need someone who is comfortable working with many teams, communication is key.
- Associates or Bachelor degree preferred. Less than acceptable with relevant experience in estimating.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.