Our client, one of the fastest growing start ups in the automotive technology world, designs and develops sustainable, electric vehicles making them affordable to the everyday consumer. They are looking for a engineer with a strong experience in ergonomics and human factors to work with their design and engineering team.
In this role you will be the lead in ensuring their products offer the best level of efficiency, usability and comfort to the consumer.
- Manage the human factors attribute for multiple vehicle programs
- Deliver occupant packages that meet the vehicle requirements – work with engineering and design to reduce compromises
- Generate, catalogue and implement within the design human factors requirements for all aspects of the vehicle, including but not limited to HMI, Cockpit Layout, Visibility, Ingress/Egress, Seating, Clearances, Cargo etc.
- Communicate requirements to the design and engineering teams, working with both to maintain the design theme while ensuring a highly usable product
- Design, develop and utilize physical and virtual prototypes to aid in validating both human factors criteria and product design, including the use of virtual human modelling where appropriate
- Lead user clinics in order to resolve human factors issues
- Measure, illustrate & communicate ergonomic status in relation to common standards (i.e. SAE J1100)
- Ensure homologation standards that relate to human factors (i.e vision requirements FMVSS 111/ECE R46) are met
- Benchmark as well as utilizing existing benchmarking tools (JD Power/A2Mac1) to ensure we are leaders in competitive class
- Research relevant trends and stay abreast of developments in the automotive ergonomics field
- 5+ Years working with an OEM within Human Factors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Product Design or Similar field courses/units/modules with Ergonomics, Human Factors, Physiology, Biomechanics, Human Kinetics, Psychology, Cognitive Ergonomics preferred
- Experience with CATIA V5/V6, Ramsis, CAVA and Car Ergonomist
- Able to administer human factors tests, work with and modify physical mock ups, familiar with a lab environment and test instrumentation
- Excellent presentation skills – great communicator both spoken and written