Our Public client is seeking an Event Coordinator in Toronto, ON. An engaging, outgoing and enthusiastic individual is required to be part of the Events and Venue Team, providing our clients with exceptional experiences.
- Assist with the complete lifecycle of events, this will include inquiries, bookings, client correspondence, development of quotes, agreements and invoicing
- Administer, coordinate and oversee load in, event and load out for event bookings at Ontario Place
- Coordinate the preparation of events, which will include liaising with external (clients and service providers) and internal stakeholders (operations, security and janitorial teams)
- Attend meetings as required/related to the execution of events
- Maintain excellent client/customer relations, identify problems as they emerge and manage conflict resolution
- Provide quality phone, online and in-person customer services delivering timely and accurate information related to all Ontario Place events, activities and services; this includes responding to customer complaints and resolving customer issues.
- Regularly update key documents (work orders, event plans and schedules) and distribute as and when required.
- Utilize databases, to gather/enter information and data for reports and assignments
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Event Management and Coordination Skills
- You have previous event experience working in a coordination or assistance role
- You have excellent time management and organization
- Completed or enrolled in a hospitality/tourism or event management program from a recognized college or university
Customer Service and Communication Skills:
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills to interact with the public and resolve customer complaints
Problem Solving and Analytical Skills:
- You have demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills to probe for information, assess situations and determine appropriate course of action
- You can effectively analyze information to determine the underlying needs of the customer beyond those that may have been initially expressed
- You demonstrate judgement and tact when interacting with customers
Collaboration and Organizational Skills:
- You have flexibility and collaboration skills to effectively work in a team-driven environment and ensure that operational requirements are being met
- You can interact with other team members to discuss varying points of views, ideas and opinions to help make decisions
- You have planning and organization skills to organize and prioritize workloads
- You are proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and internet applications
- You have experience using computers (i.e. Intranet, Internet, databases, and electronic manuals) to research, retrieve and summarize information
The following general skills and work habits will be an asset:
- The ability to follow directions and seek clarification when needed.
- The ability to pay attention to detail to record information accurately and to process and prepare administrative paperwork and payments.
- Ability to work outdoors and on your feet for long hours
- The ability to work in collaboration with others in a team setting and to take initiative.
- The ability to be punctual.