Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies. We currently have an available contract assignment for Expeditor in Houston, Texas
- Analyzes sources of supply, production schedules, transportation methods and other data to determine best possible delivery schedule of purchased material to meet Just-in-time (JIT) delivery criteria. Typically, would possess a Logistics Management degree and may possess CPM certification. Requires 10+ years’ experience.
- To support the Supply Chain function by expediting and tracking all aspects/deliverables, for items as assigned (items can be included in but not limited to equipment/material required for completion of Purchase Orders, Contracts, or Projects).
- Proactively expedite assigned item(s), by managing and utilizing stakeholder meetings, systems, templates, processes and either aiding in mitigation of or identifying potential risks.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders including, but not limited to, vendors and key client groups such as; engineering, project team members, project contractors, quality and other SCM team members (e.g. Logistics).
- Support and manage assigned equipment/material to ensure on-time readiness and delivery to site in line with the project and construction schedule.
- Support and assist with the management of all associated vendor equipment/material documentation between the vendor, Engineering (or Engineering Consultant) and internal Project teams to ensure prompt review & approval periods. Must ensure that all required documentation is received complete (including approvals if applicable) Examples of documentation required can include the following; drawings, RFI’s, Inspection Test Plans (ITP), Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS), and Final Vendor Data Requirements (VDR).
- Regular review of vendor fabrication schedules, Inspection and Test Plans (if applicable), Inspection Reports and other pertinent vendor and PO data to mitigate any delays
- Notify key stakeholders of potential or actual delays while working with supplier to resolve issues as required
- Administrate, schedule, chair, minute and manage vendor supply meetings and attend project meetings as required
- Report to stakeholders on equipment/material status, progress, receiving status as required using the required reporting formats.
Additional Position Skills and Requirements:
- Assist in the review and verification of invoices for accuracy as required
- Work with vendors and stakeholders to resolve freight claims, investigate quantity shortages/overages, shipment errors, tagging issues etc.
- Communicate potential commercial and technical issues to the Project team members and stakeholders.
- Assist with logistics for delivery of equipment/material to site and coordinate with construction at site to ensure readiness and proper equipment is available for off-loading shipment as required
- Coordinate activities and communicate regularly with key stakeholders.
- Follow standard processes to ensure that the expediting tasks and duties for assigned equipment/material is centralized as per the direction of the team lead & or Manager.
- Keep updated electronic records per requirements for timely completion of PO/Contract closeouts by creating, organizing and maintaining expediting files
- Other duties as assigned
- This position is responsible for providing frequent, timely and results-oriented project equipment/material expediting.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, positively influencing project, manage project milestones within scope, ensuring document submittal schedules and focus on completion of Purchase Order/Contract close out requirements.
- Requires the ability to communicate all issues and concerns precisely, clearly and unambiguously with all stakeholders.
- Sr Expeditors, Expediting Team Lead , and/or Team Manager– Working with and seeking additional general direction, guidance and counsel on a regular basis. Team Lead and/or Manager to provide and change work assignments as required
- Regular updates/Meetings/ Support for Vendors and Internal/ External clients such as Engineering, Consultants, Contractors, Buyers, Project Team members, Commissioning, Construction Services, Quality Surveillance and other SCM Team members (e.g. Logistics).