We’re the Ian Martin Group, one of North America’s most reputable and progressive recruiting companies, with 100+ employees, and offices all around Canada, the USA, and India.
We’ve been in the business of technical and executive recruiting for more than fifty years – and it’s not just about finding people to fill jobs. We see a world with each and every person pursuing meaningful work. And we’re chasing it with all we’ve got!
Expense Administrator (A/P) (Contract Position)
As our new expense administrator, your primary goal is to prepare and pay all contractor expenses in a timely and accurate manner, and become a trusted member of our accounting team.
Your strong attention to detail will be your biggest asset in this role, as well as the high level of care that you bring to all that you do. Whether you’re working with taxes, processing payments, corresponding with contractors, or assisting with month-end closing and reconciliations, you set high standards for your work. You’re also curious, with a hunger to learn. You love asking questions and digging in deep to find out more about whatever you’re doing.
In a business like ours, you can make a big impact. You’re a self-starter, motivated by efficiency, so you’re always looking for ways to improve accounting processes. Here, your voice will be heard, and we’ll value your input.
Working with our accounts payable team in our Oakville Head Office, the expense administrator will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of large volumes of employee and contractor expense reports, including:
- Downloading and auditing expense reports from on-line expense applications
- Auditing and review of expenses for approvals, corresponding receipts, correct tax amounts and compliance with expense policies
- Adjustments and data entry of expense details
- Communication and training with internal and external employees and contractors regarding expense claims and payments
- Matching Vendor/Contractor invoices to approved work orders
- Assisting with processing contractor payments
What’s it like to work at the Ian Martin Group?
This year we were named number 2 on the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute, and 96% of our employees agreed with the statement that “this is a great place to work”. We think that says a lot!
The Ian Martin Group is also a certified B Corp (ever heard of that?). B stands for Benefit, which means that our purpose goes beyond profits as we operate to benefit all our stakeholders and meet higher standards of social and environmental impact than the average company.
We’re also notorious fun lovers – baseball tournaments, lake cruises, charity BBQs – we’ve even done indoor skydiving together.
This is a six-month contract position with an annual target salary of $40,000 – $45,000 and lots of cool perks.
You’ll work Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5 pm.
What are we looking for?
Essential to success in this role will be your love for helping people, and incredible customer service abilities. In addition, these qualifications will help you stand out:
- Experience with processing expenses and invoices
- Detail oriented and with the ability to handle large volumes of transactions
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees and contractors
- Above average computer skills including Excel
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics GP for the purpose of accounting/accounts payable is an asset
- Diploma or certificate in accounting is an asset