As an Engineer within our client's Exterior Trims Team you will be responsible for design from concept to production, release and launch of components, systems and sub-systems for future vehicle programs.
You will be a key player within the team that creates and executes world-class exteriors in terms of craftsmanship, form & function.
Exterior Trim components and subsystems include, but are not limited to:
- Front & Rear Fascia’s
- Cowl Top
- Door Claddings
- Underbody parts
- Side View Mirror
- Closure Mechanisms
- Other Appliques
As part of the Vehicle engineering team you are responsible to design and release Exterior Trim components and subsystems. Responsibilities include:
- Concept Engineering & feasibility
- Packaging & layout within vehicle architecture
- Design Exterior Trim system targets for craftsmanship, function, cost and weight.
- Participate in the process with Design / Studio department
- Detail Design including GD&T
- Complete and release component & sub system design, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required
- Work with suppliers to develop component and sub-system to meet all weight, cost and performance requirements cost, durability, and performance targets and to support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience or equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Automotive engineering experience with components in the Exterior Trim environment, using CATIA V5 / V6.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience on Side View Mirrors systems.
- Experience on Mechanisms is a plus.
- Experience designing a variety of materials.
- Expertise with the latest manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution to achieve systems requirements and world-class craftsmanship/performance targets.
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering.
- Familiarity with the specifications, DFMEAs, DVP&R’s and other technical documents.