Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Pipelines Facilities Engineer to join their team located out of their Edmonton office. Could this be you?
What value do you bring?
In this role you will be responsible for managing the integrity program for Pressure Vessles and Small Tanks. This will be accomplished by providing company-wide sponsorship and support with respect to proposed capital projects, data management, assessments, trending, standards and regulatory issues, improvement of existing programs, and development of new programs and initiatives.
What will you do?
- Manage and execute the Pressure Vessels and Small Tank programs to reduce the potential for leaks and positively influence our company’s integrity performance metric through the following means:
- Develop a framework for the evaluation and ranking of Pressure Vessels and Small Tank assets across the system.
- Work closely with Region Operations, project groups, and consultant engineering firms, develop plans and resolve technical issues to successfully complete inspections and upgrades.
- Ensure and report on execution of the Pressure Vessels and Small Tank annual program and develop annual and long range plans to maintain the integrity of the system.
- Manage changes to the program in a disciplined manner and ensure all appropriate work and financial processes are followed.
- As a subject matter lead, act as a company-wide point of contact for Pressure Vessels and Small Tank related technical questions in order to ensure the integrity of new and existing assets.
- Safety Critical Task: evaluate the condition of the asset and implement appropriate actions to maintain safety.
- Influence the company and industry standards and practices by:
- Provide technical input to Technical Standard Deviation and Change Requests to ensure proposed deviations to company standards do not have a negative impact on the integrity of assets.
- Provide input for research and development efforts to improve the reliability of program assets.
- As a subject matter lead, participate in stakeholder reviews of technical documents; including standards, specifications, and manuals; to ensure learnings and best practices developed in FI are communicated throughout the company.
- Participate in incident response and investigation activities, including field response and root cause analysis for Facilities Integrity and Pipeline Integrity.
Scope and Dimensions
- Influence the delivery of the annual operating budget up to $5 MM and Capital Budget of $10 MM.
- Number of Pressure Vessel and Small Tanks managed = 1600 assets across all American OUs.
- Safety critical responsibilities related to FI Storage assets, oversight of Pressure Vessels & Small Tank program including inspection and repair timing.
What do you need to succeed?
- Professional Engineer registered or eligible for registration with APEGA preferred, but other combinations of a similar technical designation and work experience will be considered.
- Minimum 7 years of experience.
- High work ethic and initiative.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to interpret impact to the Company of diverse regulatory and technical issues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to communicate to a wide audience, including employees, all levels of management and regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated Leadership competencies in communicating with impact, applying sound logic, aligning with FI strategies, learning and adjusting, executing plans and contributing to process improvements. Demonstrated Technical Competencies in Facilities Integrity Threat Management, Engineering Assessment, Risk Management and FI Storage Program Management (Tanks, Small tanks, Pressure Vessels).
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.